OT: Re: rebuild kernel add syscall

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 21:24 +0800, xinyou yan wrote:
> May be it can't be implement.
> I mean . I create  a file  with a   big size .
> Then i  write   a super block struct  ( I define it like the  linux)
> Then  Inode   table.
> Then  Date    Blocks.
>
> I  reimplement  some syscall on it .
> I just want to  make it like a filesystem  .
> However  I stop at . How to  init  all of this  struct.
>
> So sorry to make you confuse .   English is not my native language , I
> will try to   do better than what early i was .

First, don't worry about your English - you're not alone. (My English
usually takes a dive when I wake up)
Second, if I understand you correctly, you plan to:
1. Implement your own syscall.
2. Call the syscall from a user process.
3. Open a file (from within kernel mode).
4. Write data.
5. Close the file.
6. Exit from the syscall.

... And you have to use syscall because it's the assignment. (Making it
impossible to use far less intrusive methods such as procfs,
character-device, ioctl, etc)

Am I correct?

- Gilboa