Re: Firefox 4 betas ?

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:41 PM, john wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/06/2011 06:53 AM, Jim Philips wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM, john wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/05/2011 07:15 AM, Jim Philips wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Linuxguy123
>     <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx>
>      > <mailto:linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     Anyone running them ?  How are they ?
>      >
>      >     Is there a way to run both Firefox 3.6.x and the Firefox 4
>     beta without
>      >     messing things up ?
>      >
>      >     Thanks
>      >
>      >
>      > The Linux version still has a very fat frame at the top of the
>     window.
>      > This isn't the case in Windows. Does their use of GTK make it
>     impossible
>      > to open up more screen space?
>      >
>
>     Not the case here, I'm looking at beta 12 in Windows 7 and Fedora 13 and
>     they are identical.
>
>     John
>
> When I open Firefox 4 in Windows 7, all the functions of the menu bar
> only show up when you pull them down from a small triangle up in the top
> left corner. Are you telling me you see this in Linux too?

Yes, but it isn't just a small triangle, it's a button that says
"firefox". It also shows the tabs in this bar. I have the menu bar
turned off. Below the tab bar is the navigation bar, which can also be
turned off.  Looks exactly like my Windows 7 setup.  I am running the
version from the Mozilla tarball of both Windows and Fedora.

John

I see what you mean now. That only appears if I hide the menu bar. I wouldn't call it "identical" to the Windows 7 layout. But I'm glad to know it's there.