Re: How to fix no color in Firefox watching Youtube Video

2011/3/5 Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx>
On 03/05/2011 01:40 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> As probably the settings button is greyed, please visit this site
> http://www.youtube.com/swf_test.html

My sister uses Ubuntu and has recently been having trouble with Flash
not working from youtube.  Their forum has just pointed her to the exact
same place.  I'd suggest that everybody save this for future refrence.

Well I've got a workaround to fix this, let me help you:

Let's do something quick, for example:

1) Go Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/YouTubeHelp#p/u

2) Right Click on the big video showing at the left, go to "Configuration" and then uncheck (deactivate) "Hardware acceleration"

3) Click "close" and Go to the video/videos where you're having trouble, refresh the page and the video should display correctly.

No matter if you clear your browser's data, all the videos from now will display correctly.

Let's wait for a Flash Player update in order to get hardware acceleration working properly...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052