Re: Firefox 4 betas ? Javascript Test Results

Javascript Tests run on lenovo T61p laptop running fully updated f14.

   Firefox 4 seems to have a small edge over chrome in javascript speed.

Comments:
----------
   This is the first version of firefox I have tested that is not dead
slow - it now runs similar (javascript) speeds to other browsers
(safari, chrome etc).

   Earlier versions of firefox had huge memory leaks & consumption - I
have not yet tested to see if this has improved with firefox 4.0.

   I still prefer chrome, but firefox is no longer too slow to use. Its
still ugly as sin on linux and the UI, while improved some, still hails
from the 1990's early 2000's era - unlike chrome/safari etc which are
sleek clean and modern.

 ** N.B. **
   The kraken test behaved very strangely on firefox -the screen did not
update for much of the time like it did on chrome - so the test appears
to be not running properly - I would discount this test as broken on
firefox for now. Some may suggest foul play on this test - i cannot
comment - only it appears to not run correctly so I would ignore this
result as bogus until it runs properly.

 Tests are noisy - assume +- 10% error as an rough guide.

For these tests I used :

  (i) google-chrome 11.0.686.3

 (ii) firefox 4.0b13 64 bit (direct download from mozilla.org)

Test Results:

On 03/04/2011 12:10 PM, Remi Collet wrote:

> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/

  Be warned the above repo will replace your stock sqlite install - I
would advice against using these).