Re: help.. my fedora hung up and I cant login

It seems that the Gnome or whatever Xwindows application you used
complains the modification that you made. Therefore the boot did not
bring you to the init stage 5 (this is my guess). How to fix it? You
need to login first to the system which is still there.
You can try CTRL+ALT+F2 (Try with any Fx) so that bring you to the
console from which you can copy back the original file. Then re-boot.

Regards,
 AA