Re: Going from Broadcom's sources to wireless card to WPA network

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 10:26 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 08:04:54 -0800,
>   Suresh Govindachar <sgovindachar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   What's a "release day" live iso?  I downloaded
>
> The normal one. You can make a respin that includes updates using
> livecd-creator.
>
> >   Fedora-14-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso a week or so ago from
> >   fedoraproject.org.  So this iso has not been updated since
> >   the day F14 was released?
>
> That is correct. Fedora doesn't normally update its ISOs. There is a project
> named Unity that occasionally does Fedora respins. It doesn't look like
> they have done any for F13 or F14 yet. This isn't as important these days
> as anaconda doesn't get broken as often by updates. It used to be pretty
> common for Unity to have to backport anaconda updates to make the respins
> installable.

Also I believe that starting with F13 during an install you could
specify an update repo so update got installed at install rather than
having to spend another hour or so after first boot doing a 'yum update
all'  Of course, installing updates during install would also require a
network connection too.  It might make the install take a bit longer if
the updates came off of an internet repo opposed to a local one, but
would give you a machine that's up2date at first boot.