Re: Fedora Weekly News?

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 06:49 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> [...]

Here here!  FWN used to be something worth reading, but has now been
bastardized into what looks more like an employee rule-book for a
totally mindless organization.

FWN was supposed to be for the end-users, not for simply registering
arcane meeting minutes or warnings about actually saying anything
useful.  I'm quite sure that the people at these meetings are well aware
of what has gone on in the meeting.

Can we change it?  I vote for ripping it apart and going back to what it
used to be.  FAMSCO and dev-list acceptable-use mis-statements are not
the kind of garbage that I want to see in it.  While we're at it, things
like world-wide FAMSCO event lists are unlikely to be of interest to
non-Ambassadors, and they should move this stuff out of FWN into their
own mailing list.  I want to see events I can contribute to that are
within a hundred kilometres of me, and what code I can fix or test to
make a difference.  And instead of recording minutes about a decision to
include SQLninja without recording anything but a final decision, why
don't we see an article about how to use the new tool?  This stuff is
guaranteed to disconnect the people to whom it was originally intended
to connect to.

Just my opinion...