Re: FC14 shows white screen after login

Jim Philips <briarpatch.jim <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I seemed to get past my network issues by setting up Network Manager. But now,
when I enter my username and password into GDM, it grinds for awhile and then
I'm presented with a white screen with only a mouse pointer. I can move the
pointer, but nothing else works. Since GDM doesn't give me any option to go to
the command line, there is absolutely nothing I can do. The only thing different
I did was that I installed and ran Gnome Shell. X windows may be trying to run
that again and failing. But with no output of any kind, it's a little hard to
troubleshoot.

> Is there any key combination that will get me to the command line from GDM?
>
> I'm running an HP DV7 laptop (if that helps at all).

Ctrl+Alt+F2 (or F3...F6) - switch to tty

After you have logged in again,
check System-Preferences-Startup Applications
and Options
and clear Automatically remember ...

JB