Re: Where can I find a functional nslookup? ***AIX 6.11 is no better ***

On 02/27/2011 07:31 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> After some checking, it appears that AIX has dropped support for nslookup
> between AIX 5 and 6, the management solution was to "look harder" for the fully
> functional source. :-(

You're management *still* has it wrong.  AIX and every Linux distro
hasn't "dropped" anything.  They all get their "bind" software from the
same upstream source.  That upstream source has depreciated nslookup in
favor of dig.

> I'm wondering how long it would take to write nslookup in perl. No, I'm not joking.

That sounds like a good plan.  Write a tool in another language that
performs the same function of an existing tool...and then support that
tool into the future...all to avoid learning how to use the existing tool.

Your time may be marginally spent better writing a wrapper around dig to
make it appear as if it is nslookup.

--
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市
八德路四段