cdparanoia for DVDs?

I have a DVD+R Dual Layer disk recorded some time ago with a bunch of
media files and I want to extract them. The DVD is just an iso9660
filesystem, not a conventional commercial-format movie disk. Trouble is,
I'm getting I/O errors from 'cp' with some of the files. Since they are
media (AVI format) files these errors may be tolerable if there aren't
too many, but of course 'cp' doesn't know that.

cparanoia makes strenuous efforts to read flaky CDs, so I wondered if
there's something similar for DVDs.

If not, I guess I'll try "dd conv=noerror ...".

poc