Re: AIM snafu

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Heads up -- looks like AOL forgot to renew their SSL cert for
> bos.oscar.aol.com :-)

The AIM and AIM IMAP+Webmail (whatever@xxxxxxx) -now renamed Aol Mail-
has been running as zombies. I´m not sure there is any human being
left in the building who knows how the underlying tech works.

For example, getting new AIM or AOL accounts has been NOT WORKING
since at least last December.

I emailed a few key execs at AOL (whom I researched looking for AOL in
LinkedIn.com), who didn´t even bother to reply or acknowledge there is
a problem.

http://www.techeye.net/internet/aol-refusing-new-accounts-thanks-to-fubar-server

FC