Re: Fedora 14 Isolinux hangs CD install

>>> Can you run the i386 version?
>>>
>>> James McKenzie
>>>
>> I haven't tried it. I assume i386 is just the 32 bit version. The naming convention is confusing. You would think they'd call is x86. I would rather install the 64 bit OS if at all possible.
>>
> i5/686 could also be the 32 bit version.  If you can install that
> version and not the x86_64, then something is not right with your hardware.

I guess I don't fully understand the .iso versions. How do the i386/i686 .isos differ from the x86 and x86_64 ? Can you point me to a link that describes the differences?

I don't think we have a broken hardware issue. I can install older revs of Fedora including 12 and 9 just fine.
This is something new since 12 in the initial startup script or Isolinux itself that tickles a peculiarity of my configuration. Is there a way to turn on any debug output during the early stages of the CD install process during the Isolinux startup?

Martin