Mapserver & Postgis

Hi,

I've been tasked with compiling Mapserver on Fedora 14 so that it can support Oracle. Thing is I'd like it to support PostGIS too.

Calling ./configure with --with-postgis seems to work ok, returns "  PostGIS support:           -DUSE_POSTGIS -DPOSTGIS_HAS_SERVER_VERSION", but then make gives the error

g++ -g  -fPIC -Wall     -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF -DNEED_STRLCAT -DNEED_STRRSTR     -DUSE_FASTCGI   -DUSE_WMS_LYR -DUSE_WFS_LYR -DUSE_SOS_SVR -DUSE_LIBXML2 -DUSE_CURL -DUSE_WCS_SVR -DUSE_WFS_SVR -DUSE_WMS_SVR  -DUSE_ORACLESPATIAL  -DUSE_POSTGIS -DPOSTGIS_HAS_SERVER_VERSION -DUSE_TIFF -DUSE_GDAL -DUSE_OGR -DUSE_GEOS -DGEOS_HAS_SIMPLIFY  -DUSE_THREAD -DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_EPPL  -DUSE_AGG     -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_FTEX_XSHOW -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR -DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS -DUSE_ICONV -DUSE_ZLIB     -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/freetype2         -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include    -I/opt/mapserver/dependencies/instantclient_11_2/sdk/include -I/opt/mapserver/dependencies/instantclient_11_2/rdbms/demo -I/opt/mapserver/dependencies/instantclient_11_2/rdbms/public -I/usr/include    -I/usr/include/libxml2   shp2img.o  -L. -lmapserver -lgd -L/usr/lib64 -lgd -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz -lXpm -lX11      -ltiff -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz -lXpm -lX11  -lproj -ljpeg -lpng  -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal -L/usr/lib64 -lgeos_c -L/opt/mapserver/dependencies/instantclient_11_2/lib -lclntsh -lnnz11 -ljpeg -lpng -L/usr/lib64 -lpq -lz -lpthread -lm -lrt -ldl -lcurl  -L/usr/lib64 -lpq -lpgport -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lgssapi_krb5 -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm   -lcurl   -L/opt/mapserver/dependencies/instantclient_11_2 -lclntsh -L/usr/lib64 -lgeos_c -lpthread -lc -lfcgi -lz -lxml2 -lz -lm  -lm -lstdc++    -o shp2img
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpgport
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1417824#post1417824 Seems to say that libpgport.a isn't supported in Fedora 14, but if I install the version of Mapserver from the Defora repositories it supports PostGIS. Is there some magic I'm missing out on that the package maintainers have?

Thanks,

Greg
This is a confidential communication and is intended only for the addressee indicated in the message (or duly authorised to be responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). You are specifically prohibited from copying this message or delivering the same, or any part thereof, to any other person, whomsoever or howsoever, unless you receive written authorisation from us to do. If you are anyone other than the intended addressee, or person duly authorised and responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately. Please note that we accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event that this message or any other email message or any part thereof becomes known or is communicated to anyone other than the intended recipient or other person authorised in writing by us to receive it, howsoever arising, and disclaim all liability for any losses or damage which may be sustained by any person as a result thereof. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.  Mapflow Limited 6th Floor, OConnell Bridge House, D'Olier St,Dublin 2, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration No. 272682. Mapflow International Limited T/A Mapflow, 6th Floor, OConnell Bridge House, D'Olier St,Dublin 2, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration No. 400646.Armanatta Holding Limited 6th Floor, OConnell Bridge House, D'Olier St,Dublin 2, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration No. 421498.