Re: how to save mjpeg -

On 18/02/11 11:24, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> On 02/18/2011 03:42 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>          I have some cameras watching the pasture and I usually view the
>>          image via VLC although other app's do work. How can I save a
>>          video clip? I see no provision for saving in the VLC or smplayer
>>          menus.
>>
>>          Am I missing something or is there a reason why this can't be
>>          accomplished easily?
>>
>>          Bob
>>
>>          --
>>
> Just using wget on the mjpeg URL for the Axis IP-Cameras I have access to here
> works fine (you get some junk until the next frame boundary but e.g. mplayer/vlc
> have no problem playing the resulting file and a bit of xxd/dd fiddling or a
> clever script would be able to fix this easily).
>
> E.g.:
>

> $ wget http://webcam3.mydomain.com/mjpg/video.mjpg
>
> (I got the URL by right-clicking the video element in the HTML page the camera
> serves to a browser).
>
> Regards,
> Bryn.

        Why didn't I think of trying that? Yes it worked perfectly.

             wget http://user:1000@cam2/mjpg/video.mjpg

        That saved a video clip to:
             video.mjpg

        Which displays with SMPlayer like the picture I see on VLC.

        I've poked at that several times and never found the answer. Now
        I can save a picture of my mares running next time they decide
        to do so.

        Thanks much.

        Bob