Re: No need for AV tools on Linux, eh?

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Feb 14, 2011 10:25 AM
>To: Community support for Fedora users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: No need for AV tools on Linux, eh?
>
>My suspicion is that there's a lot of bad programmers that think it
>should be allowed to do anything without restriction, and they'll expend
>more energy into protesting restrictions than they'll put into writing
>better code.

_+1 for many projects.  Number of lines of code != good coding practices.  I've found very obvious buffer overflow conditions and failures to enforce changes of variable types in publically available code bases.  These are 'easy' to fix things, but programmers appear (not necessarily want) the most 'bling' in their programs.  Best Business Practices for coding need to be enforced and noticible coding errors corrected.  It's not all that hard, but it is definitely not glamorous.

James McKenzie