CR-48 Gobi 2000 Support

Has anyone gotten the Gobi 2000 chipset to work with the qcserial driver?  I have found a few patches but do not want to roll my own kernel if I don't have to (that's why I left Gentoo).  Is there a way to just build the qcserial driver using dkms or something, or maybe another way to add the USB Id's to the code?

Has anybody found an up to date rpm for the gobi_loader that loads the firmware for the chipset?

I'm willing to work with an individual or team to help better support the CR-48 hardware (it runs Fedora nicely) just don't know where to start.