username, password and proxy setting for yum and in general

Hi,

at work i installed Fedora 14 and i needed to export http_proxy variable because we use a proxy.
however, for now it is written in plaintext in .bashrc file and in yum.conf file.

this has 2 issue.
1. my username and password are human readable
2. in our company password must be changed every 60 days.

a) how can i store username and password in a not human readable way (encrypted for example) a still make it available for yum, or ther purposes like firefox ?
b) how can i do to only once change it and that change should be applicable for all purposes like yum, firefox, and so on... ?

thank a lot,

--
Alain