Re: Mozplugger does not work for PDF files

Chris Smart writes:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It uses either one. I also have xpdf installed, as well. No dice. Does it
work for you?

Yep, it works for me.. i.e.
http://xena.sourceforge.net/media/DigitalPresevervationBrochure.pdf

Comes up inside Firefox using xpdf.

No dice for me.

[mrsam@lc2440 ~]$ rpm -q xpdf
xpdf-3.02-16.fc14.i686
[mrsam@lc2440 ~]$ rpm -q mozplugger
mozplugger-1.14.2-1.fc14.i686

The link just downloads the file into the regular download folder, and then I get to double-click on it, to open it in xpdf.

I must have something broken, but I see nothing obvious. about:plugins shows mozplugger as the only handler for all the pdf mime types. Can't be some other plugin messing things up.

Oh well, when I have some time, I'll have to do some digging.