Re: Default user groups

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Ted Roche <tedroche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> man adduser
>
> has some clues on adding a user to a default group with -g and
> multiple groups with -G. There's further discussions in the man page
> on these behaviors. Hope that helps.

Thanks Ted, I'm well aware of these but I'm specifically after a way
to specify what groups a new user should be automatically added to, in
addition to their primary group :-) So far, I haven't found that ;-)

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Thomas Cameron
<thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/14/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-users-groups-private-groups.html

Thanks Thomas, but unless I missed something it doesn't really help
:-) I realise that each user gets their own private group, but I want
to have new users added to extra groups at the time of creation.

Cheers,
Chris