Re: Hardware for Gnome3

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't expect GNOME 3.0 to be functionally equivalent to GNOME  2.x.
> GNOME Shell does support extensions and I hope some of them cover the common
> use cases over time.  Netspeed is something I depend on as well

Sure it is very different - though I have only used it very briefly -
one facility that I regard as essential is to place an icon on the
desktop to run binaries that are not part of the standard set. I did
not see a place to set that up?  For example I would like to have an
icon to execute nightly versions of Thunderbird from an icon that
would be added to the dash - is that possible in Gnome3?

--
mike c