Re: Dual wireless access points and connection from f14?

On 01/31/2011 10:50 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>> My advice to the OP would be to get a better AP with a more powerful
>> radio.  Typical consumer junk is 15mW.  Without looking too hard one can
>> get a good 100mW - 300mW init for not much more.  (Google: Ubiquiti)
> Ubiquiti 300mbit hardware is running off of 100mbit ethernet. Not much
> better than "consumer junk."

An interesting, yet potentially irrelevant point.  In my Dad's case, he
has 4 systems but does very little intensive transfers between systems.
His main need is Internet access....with the DSL being the bottleneck
and no where near 100m.  So, for him, it matters not.

It all boils down to requirements.

--
I knew her before she was a virgin. -- Oscar Levant, on Doris Day 葛斯克
愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段