Re: OpenOffice Writer

On 30/01/2011 12:37 μμ, JB wrote:

>  This is OK. Btw, I am in GNOME desktop, but I see you can find things
>  I asked for in KDE.

Well , you pointed the way , beyond that there was only one place to go ,
so i didn´t actually discovered the New World . Well the fact that you
are using Gnome would explain this small differences .

> > ... The bogus thing here is that for some reason today for example
> > i can use Writer , tomorrow after some updates i can´t and then
> > again after some more updates i will probably be able to use Writer
> > again . Now Writer seems to be working normally . ...
>
>  Do this to update and clean up your machine: # yum distro-sync
>
>  If you can, reboot your machine (this will restart your desktop as
>  well) to reinitialize various dynamic libraries paths, etc.
>
> > On a sidenote here , although it is quite irrelevant i have to add
> > that i did an
> >
> > "rpmdb --rebuild" last night after your last email since i was
> > under the impression that something wasn´t going all that well with
> > the rpm database .
>
>  That's fine.
>
> > ... Anyway could u please remind me the command in order to see the
> > last updates ?

# ls -al /var/log/yum*
# less /var/log/yum

Well yes if i open the yum.log with an editor and go to the bottom i
will find the last updates .
The idea was that maybe a couple of updates that were done last night
might have fixed something
but i don´t think that they were relevant .

Jan 30 00:49:24 Updated: libgpod-0.8.0-3.fc14.x86_64
Jan 30 00:49:26 Updated: python-gpod-0.8.0-3.fc14.x86_64
Jan 30 00:49:33 Updated: 3:gnome-commander-1.2.8.10-1.fc14.x86_64
Jan 30 00:49:34 Updated: libgpod-sharp-0.8.0-3.fc14.x86_64
Jan 30 11:48:48 Erased: suck

These are the last updates but i don´t think that they might be the case
although that second package is python stuff which would make it a
cousine of
yum since yum is python too.

OK , going for that disto-sync.