Re: Audacious

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:25:20 -0400, Jorge wrote:

> Thanks Michael for the update. My question then is: why release it when
> the RPMfusion audacious-plugins-freeworld is not yet available on the
> stable branch?  Aren't 99% of the audacious users using it along with
> that other "freee" package?

As I've learnt just a day ago (or so) that RPM Fusion cannot build against
Fedora Test Updates. They have to wait for packages from "updates-testing"
to enter the stable "updates" repository, before the build system will
be able to use them.

There would have been only one work-around for this problem. Step by
step:

 1) publish a mostly superfluous update of audacious-plugins-freeworld
   to depend on exactly the previous Audacious 2.4.0 and not change
   anything else in that update
 2) publish Audacious 2.4.3 at Fedora
 3) RPM Fusion users will get a broken dependency when 2.4.3 enters stable,
    which will stop them from updating Audacious
 4) publish an update of audacious-plugins-freeworld for 2.4.3
 5) RPM Fusion users will become able to update all at once

That RPM Fusion seems to have new problems and hasn't pushed any packages
since Wed adds to the severity of this issue.

A strict dependency in 3rd party plugin packages will be needed. An update
of Audacious that exports the audacious(plugin-api) version has been submitted
to Fedora 14 updates-testing this evening.