Re: [Fedora] Re: korganizer crash

On Thursday 27 January 2011 20:21:47 you wrote:
> Dear Anne,
> thanks for the reply
>
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I've not had this problem in korganizer, but I have seen it with other
> > kontact modules.  I find that the best thing is to killall kontact and
> > wait a few seconds, after which everything works again.  I assume that
> > something that should have shut down is still open, and this seems to
> > find it.
>
> waht do you mean (precisely) by «killall kontact»?

Kontact is a wrapper for all the kde-pim modules, kmail, kaddressbook,
korganizer and so on.  They all can be run separately, so it's quite possible
you are only running korganizer.

I meant that in a terminal you should issue the command "killall kontact", but
if you are using korganizer as a standalone application, instead issues
"killall korganizer" and see if that does it.

> Apparently I don't
> use kontact or kaddress or other! do you mean kill some process or close
> in someway that I don't know.
>
> > Alternatively, it usually works if you open system monitor (Ctrl-Esc) and
> > put korganizer into the search bar.  You'll probably find a slave
> > hanging around, and if you can kill it there that should clear things.
>
> unfortunately this is not the case, I've also tried to turn off and on
> the laptop but nothing changed.

So much depends upon which version of everything is running.  Let's start with
knowing which version of Fedora and which version of KOrganizer you are
running.

Then, try starting korganizer from a terminal and see what happens.  You may
see a huge amount of information scrolling by.  Let it finish, the copy it and
paste into a text file.  Paste the text file into http://fpaste.org/ and then
add the link it gives you to this thread.  There's a better chance then of
seeing what is actually happening.

Anne