Re: problem with my favorite radio

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 22:06 +0100, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> mplayer http://www.radiotunisienne.tn/popup/rtci.asx
>
> I have a problem with my radio on linux.
>
> mplayer could not play the radio on linux. However, the same link
> works fine with windows media player

When the address isn't the music data stream, itself, but a meta link
(asx, m3u, pls), use the playlist option.  Then mplayer reads the meta
data, and gets the stream referenced by it.

The link works here, when I use the playlist option:

mplayer -playlist http://www.radiotunisienne.tn/popup/rtci.asx

However, it did need to take 15-25 seconds filling the cache up, first.
There's on-screen text telling you this, so you don't have to play
guessing games.

> Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: www.radiotunisienne.tn

If your network can't support IPv6, then you can set options so that
mplayer doesn't attempt to use it, first.  Otherwise, it'll try IPv6
before IPv4, and if it gets snagged with an IPv6 problem, it may not get
unsnagged.  I've seen that happen.  But, mostly, it just speeds up the
process of attempting to connect, by not trying something that's not
going to work.

-prefer-ipv4 (network only)
     Use IPv4 on network connections.  Falls back on IPv6
     automatically.

So, you could try this:

mplayer -prefer-ipv4 -playlist http://www.radiotunisienne.tn/popup/rtci.asx

--