Re: how to change nautilus' default browser?

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 08:49 -0800, Mike Wright wrote:
> I've gone through every option I could find, right clicked everything,
> grepped through .nautilus and .gnome2* and haven't the slighted idea
> why nautilus insists on opening Chrome when the system default is set
> to Firefox.

Using it for what?  Reading HTML files, or something else?

Usually, you can right-click on one of the types of files you want to
configure options for, and the pop-up properties window gives you a list
of open-with choices.

I don't know of a central manage all my filetype options for Nautilus
either, and there are times where it would be useful.  Especially if you
could simply back up its configuration file, and import it later on
(restoring settings, or cloning settings on other installations).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.