Running Blender 2.56 on Fedora 13 and 14

Hi galls and guys,
I saw that there are no up to date instuctions for getting Blender
2.56 running on Fedora, not even on Blender wiki so I wrote up this
blog post:
http://bit.ly/gLQgFS or long version:
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/blender-2-56-on-fedora-13-and-fedora-14/

I would like to ask you to try out these instructions and post any
feedback that you have, especially if there are some errors in
instructions.

Also if there are some Blender artists in Fedora design team please
test if all Blender functions work correctly.

I saw some Blender 2.56 packages in Koji for F15, does anybody know if
Blender 2.56 will ship with Fedora 15?

I talked with few Blender artists that I know and asked them which
version of Blender they used. They all replied that they used 2.56 and
not 2.49. They all claim that Blender 2.56 is rock solid on both OSX
and Windows, I don't know Blender artists that use Linux :(

So if Blender 2.56 turns out to be stable could it be made to replace
aging 2.45 in Fedora 14 and 15?

Cheers,
Valent.

--