Re: iptables and NAT

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 17:47 +0530, Jatin K wrote:
> I'got your point replaced NAT with nat  ... saved iptables wiht
> service iptable save
>
> but server is not forwarding the packets to the web server
>
> if i try http://xx.xx.xx.xx  ( live ip )  .. .. no page is displayed
>
> what it could be ???

To test the NAT rule, you'd have to make an incoming connection through
that network.  You could use an outside proxy.  Or, you could go to one
of the HTML validator sites, and ask it to validate your homepage.
That's a simple check, without having to set up anything special.

e.g. Visit http://validator.w3.org/ and give it the address to your
website (your IP address that you've not being telling us).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.