Re: udev rules + adb insufficient permission

On 01/23/2011 03:46 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:01:00 -0500
> slamp slamp wrote:
>
>> did anything change on how udev creates devices for usb's?
>> specifically debugging device for adb?
> I thought they had been eradicating all the google android
> patches in the kernel and wot not because google won't
> wiggle the rubber chicken three times the exact way the
> kernel developers want them to. Perhaps it fell victim
> to that?

Android patches were never really in the mainstream kernel.  It was in
the staging tree which is like a experimental branch for dumping random
patches in for a while and hoping that it will get picked up, reviewed
and merged eventually.  Sometimes it works but other patches get dropped
routinely.  Android patches were dropped after Google developers didn't
respond to patch reviews discussing technical issues for a while.

Rahul