Re: SELinux

On 20/01/2011 07:25 πμ, Mark Eggers wrote:

< snip >

>  My thought is that if you need to run some extended commands as root,
>  open a shell and use the command line. You'll have all of your other
>  tools available as a normal user.
>
>  Here's an approach to fixing Adobe Acrobat. Your mileage may vary.
>
>  Adobe Acrobat Reader comes with at least two libraries marked as
>  stack executable.
>
>  Here's how to find them:
>
>  1. Find where the files are
>
>  rpm -q AdobeReader_enu-9.4.1-1.i486 --filesbypkg
>
>  Your package is probably different since I run a 32 bit system, and
>  you are running a 64 bit system.

[root@Orion ~]# rpm -qa | grep Reader
AdobeReader_enu-9.4.1-1.i486

Well it seems that we are using the same package . For some reason  for
which
am not sure it seems that i keep getting 32 bit and 64 bit packages

>  2. cd to the directory (for me it's /opt/Adobe)

Same here

>  3. Run the following command (or something similar)
>
>  find . -name \*.so -exec execstack -q {} \;
>
>  This basically finds all the .so files (normally links to shared
>  libraries), and queries the execstack state.
>
>  The problem:
>
>  You're looking for libraries that have execstack turned on. Here are
>  some examples:
>
>  X ./Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libsccore.so X
>  ./Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so

Am trying to follow your example , i got two with X
and 1 with question mark "?"

>  The fix:
>
>  1. Find the actual file that these (potential) soft links are linked
>  to:
>
>  cd /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib ls -l libsccore.so
>  -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 722824 Nov 8 05:48 libsccore.so

>  ls -l
>  libcrypto.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 14 Nov 30 17:05 libcrypto.so ->
>  libcrypto.so.0
>
>  This turns out to be another link:
>
>  ls -l libcrypto.so.0 lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 18 Nov 30 17:05
>  libcrypto.so.0 -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8
>
>  2. Change to root, and create a diary entry. You do document changes
>  to your system, right?
>
>  01/19/2011 20:40 cleared execstack
>  /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libsccore.so cleared
>  execstack
>  /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
>
>  3. clear the execstack with:
>
>  execstack -c /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libsccore.so
>  execstack -c
>  /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
>
>  4. Exit root
>
>  Now test the results. If there's a problem, then you'll have to
>  revert the changes.

Cleared the execstack as suggested and Adobe Reader runs fine
as it was before so no harm done here .
Thanks a lot for the detailed walkthrough .

>  Report the Bug

Well i was reffered to a bugzilla report earlier on this thread , so
there seems
to be already a bug about the fact . As  fact as i am concerned it seems
that
all i had to do was to upgrade to the latest selinux-policy . So it
would logical
to assume that it was the selinux policies messing things around and not
the other way around ( Selinux policies changed not Acrobat Reader )