kde 4.5.5: some jerkiness F13

Hello,
just updated kde to 4.5.5 on my Fedora 13 and going to test something
about the progress.

Not tested very much, but it seems quite good as look and feel and
general organization.

Some sudden showstoppers are:
- I'm usually using kmail in gnome and it seems it is far more fluid
in gnome than in kde itself....
This is for scrolling in general inside it when you see summary of
mail highlighted and also when I select a range of rows and move them
to thrash
In firefox instead it seems better in scrolling and general usage with
kde than with gnome.

- Moving windows around the desktop... not fluid as in gnome... some
jerkiness...

I have a Dell laptop with GeForce 8400M GS and nvidia proprietary
drivers 260.19.29
I have not enable desktop effects in kde
I have an external 19" monitor connected to vga port of my laptop.
Relevant sections in my xorg.conf that I'm using since Fedora 10 but
could be optimized in other way now and that could influence are:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen1" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option      "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Device0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "NVIDIA Corporation"
        BoardName   "GeForce 8400M GS"
        Option      "NoLogo" "True"
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen1"
        Device     "Device0"
        Monitor    "Monitor1"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "TwinView" "1"
        Option      "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
        Option      "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP:
nvidia-auto-select +0+1024"
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Anyone using kde and getting it more fluid?
Any comments about above configuration? The best would be a
configuration (or a non configuration at all, if possible, so without
an xorg.conf) where I can boot with or without the external monitor
and being able to use it automatically only if present.
I don't know if I can accompish this by logging in and running xrandr
when I have the external monitor connected....
Eventually I'm planning to upgrade to F14 if this gives something useful.
Thanks in advance,
Gianluca