Re: CHECKSUM is not easily accessible on Fedora Download Page

On 01/20/2011 04:24 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> g wrote:
>> they do not understand that there is no "for" in "kiss".
>
> It's late here, so pardon my terseness, but in the spirit of free
> software, patches are welcome.  Or, as the websites team says:
>
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/ShowUs

i _do_not_claim_ to be a web page designer.

Tim, "<ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>", posted a reasonable theme for
page layout.

why not follow it or consider adopting general layout?

in comparing old pages, that work well, to what your group has now
put up, it appears that more time was spent on "prettifying" than
was spent on making pages concentrated and supplying all of what is
actually needed.

i do not deny that design team has spent a lot of time in putting
together what they have. yet, it is wasted time when someone,
especially someone new to fedora, has to jump thru 3, 4, or even 5
pages looking for what they need and still not find it.

this is not to say that design team has not put forth a good effort
to accomplish what you have. but what is advantage, or gain to it if
what is needed is not presented.

page;

  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all

is very well laid out and easy to follow. 'alternative downloads' is
great, but there needs be a link to a 'pub' like;

  http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/

is, that links to *all* of what is new.

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/ is a good. but, putting what is new
under;

  http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/

is very misleading. "alt" and "fedora-secondary" do not tend to indicate
finding releases 9 thru 14.

just as;

  http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/

is misleading.

from;

  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/archive

/quote

Noun

archive (plural archives)

   1. A place for storing earlier, and often historical, material. An
      archive usually contains documents (letters, records, newspapers,
      etc.) or other types of media kept for historical interest.
   2. The material so kept, considered as a whole (compare archives).

/etouq

--

peace out.

tc.hago,