Re: SELinux

On 20/01/2011 02:39 πμ, Tim wrote:

>  Which, suggests, some checking of the normal permissions on that
>  directory, and it's parent. Likewise, some checking for SELinux
>  contexts. You can do that with the "ls -Z" command.
>
>  ls -Zd /home ought to be:

drwxr-xr-x root root system_u:object_r:home_root_t:s0 /home
drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:home_root_t:s0 /home

Ok , with the home directory i don´t think that we have a problem
since the 2nd line represent what i got from ls -Zd /home

>  ls -Zd /home/kostas ought to be:

>drwx------ kostas kostas system_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 /home/kostas
drwx------. kostas kostas unconfined_u:object_r:home_root_t:s0 /home/kostas

Again here the 2nd line represents my results ( from ls -Zd /home/kostas )
( am running the command as root )

It seems that am getting different results than the ones that u suggest

-rw------- kostas kostas unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0

>  NB: You can have additional permissions (it might be executable, as
>  well, or also readable by group or other users), but those would be
>  the minimum.
>

>  If you find that you're having a plethora of SELinux problems, it
>  might be a good idea to let the system relabel the whole drive with
>  the default contexts. If you've ever run the system with SELinux
>  disabled, then that's one potential cause for the contexts to be
>  miss-set (any file written during that time, wouldn't have them).
>
>  If there's one thing that I really hate about SELinux, it's the
>  hideous names that they gave to the contexts. They're not intuitive,
>  nor convenient for typing by hand.

Well i had to rescue my system and SELinux did some relabeling .
In any case since the original problem was about Acrobat Reader , just
let me
say that the problem was fixed when the selinux-policy package was
updated as it was suggested .