Re: which is more user friendly--KDE or GNOME

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Boggiano <boggiano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 1/18/11, g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 01/18/2011 02:52 PM, Temlakos wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > I suspect that the answer depends solely on whether
> > you come to Linux
> > > from Mac or Windows.
>
> What about those of us who came from AmigaOS and its Workbench GUI, and
> skipped MSDOS, Windows & Macs all together? ;-)

They use command line'of course!
CLI FOREVER ! :)

That was DOS.  The Amiga had a very advanced (for its day) graphic interface a couple years before MS introduced Windows 1.0.  I rarely needed to use the Amiga CLI.

FWIW, today, there is a Linux window manager, AmiWM, that gives Linux the look of the classic AmigaOS 3.x Workbench for those die hard Amiga groupies.  Of which, I'm not one.  Got rid of all my Amiga stuff 10 years ago.