RE: how to use gmail smtp server for outgoing mail

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 13:03 -0800, SOLOMON wrote:
> If memory serves me correct the email client allows you to change your
> incoming and outgoing mail servers.  If you can change your outgoing
> mail
> server to smtp.gmail.com with your username and password, change your
> incoming post to 995 and your outgoing port to 465 (SSL) you may be
> OK.

[Please don't top-post on this list; see the Guidelines]

Configuring a client is relatively easy because they have GUIs for that,
but he's asking about configuring his own MTA to use Gmail as an SMTP
server. That requires some manually editing of config files.

poc