Re: which is more user friendly--KDE or GNOME

On 01/18/2011 06:32 AM, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A very basic thing I would like to ask if KDE is more user friendly
> then GNOME desktop?

I suspect that the answer depends solely on whether you come to Linux
from Mac or Windows.

GNOME <-> Mac

KDE <-> Windows

The handling of user-switching in KDE told the tale. In GNOME, all you
get is a "New Login" option in a menu. As for switching among sessions?
Well, that's what comes of not knowing how to do that on a Mac.

KDE handles that exactly the same way that Windows does. It even has
some of the same button designs.

I imagine that the two desktops will each appeal to different groups of
users that come to Linux from different GUI families.

I also imagine that they'll be the "Republicans and Democrats" of
desktops. (That's a Yankee-ism. For you British, make that "Tories and
Labourites", or "Tories and Liberals" in Canada. Alex, this might be
your "Christian Democrats" and "Social Democrats.")

Temlakos