Re: Locking down F14 shutdown options

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 02:47:18PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> Right-click on the main menu icon on your gnome panel bar.  Click "remove".
>
> Right-click on a blank spot on your gnome panel bar.  Click on "add
> application" and add the logout button to your gnome panel bar.

Thanks ! Do you happen to know how I can accomplish this part in a
way that applies to all users at once ? (i.e., which files the panel
relies on as a template for any new user who logs into the system) ?

I got the part about locking down the panel by running gconf-editor as
root, but I have a potentially limitless number of users (using ldap
for passwd), so I have no way of going in and automatically setting
up the menu for each one of them.

Thanks again,
--Gabriel