Re: no sound in FC 14

What chipset are you using?  I alsa recommend using alsamixer in a
terminal.  PA sets up a virtual default channel using PCM and one other
that I do not recall.  On my chipset there is a 'Master Front' and
'line' channels that were muted or set at 0 volume that the virtual
device was not handling properly.  I had to choose F6 inside alsamixer
to select the sound card directly and not the virutal 'Default' device.
 If this is similar to yours, you will need to install/use amixer (read
man page) in /etc/rc.local to have it reset every boot.

Jared

PS I have done a bit more research but this may or not be true.  In
/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf, it looks like this may be where the
channels are being set to Default, and I may have to add my channels
here somehow.  But since things are working, I haven't finished it yet.