Re: Ultimate inkjet printer for Fedora?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:58:23 +0100
> valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I'm interested what is in your experience best inkjet printer that
>> works flawlessly with Fedora?
>
> Not advertised by HP, but virtually all newer HP all-in-one devices
> work out of the box with fedora using hplip (in fact the only
> flawless plug & play experience I ever had was with my HP
> all-in-one - the scanner was recognized instantly and just worked).
>
> DVD printing is a slight pain because you still have to manually
> fiddle the margins. Here's my latest results:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/dvd/dvdp/f13-success.html
>
> An all-in-one device with a scanner is useful since you can scan
> in the printed test disk and measure how far off it printed in
> gimp to adjust the margins for the next try :-).

I heard lots of possitive stuff about HP printers, and we have HP
colour laser at work, but one thing that is definitely one con for HP
is that ink cartridges are more expensive.

Canon has cheaper both original and replacement cartridge than HP.
Printing cost and TCO is really important factor when choosing
printer. If money was no obstacle I would probably go with HP right
away.

Valent.