Re: FIXED Compiling Games Program

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 02:32 -0800, jdow wrote:
> [...]

The French work is voilà. In English it's often written voila, which is
accepted as loan words often lose diacriticals. Writing it as viola
makes no sense whatever as a) it would significantly change the
pronunciation and b) it clashes with another loan word from Italian,
i.e. the musical instrument. If I write thier for their, it's obviously
a typo. Same here; it's "obviously" a typo and people are going to point
it out.

As to the argument that this is meant humourously (or humorously :-)
bear in mind that this list is not exclusively American, in fact I'd
guesstimate that a large proportion of posters are not American (e.g.
I'm not). Using a deliberate spelling error known only to (some)
Americans when attempting to correct another error is likely to prove
confusing, which indeed it has.

Time for my nap :-)

poc