Re: confused for booting security

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 19:34 +1030, Tim wrote:
> In the grub.conf file, when there's a password and lock command above
> all the boot choices, they'll need to enter the password before they
> can do anything (pick a choice, temporarily edit what grub will do).
> It's where you place the lock command that's important, in this case.
> Like in this example:

Correction:  A password in the opening section does lock out interactive
use of grub.  They can still pick items from the menu, but that's all.
They can't get into the command line.

See the info file for grub.

e.g. info grub

Or, "pinfo grub" instead, which gives you a coloured interactive pager,
where it's more obvious where the links are in the information.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.