Desktop Background Weirdness

All:

I have something strange and quite annoying happening with my F14 x86_64
desktop system. I changed my desktop background in Gnome to something I
like - I use Digital Blasphemy (http://digitalblasphemy.com) for most of
my backgrounds, and I usually change it almost every time he releases
something new.

Of late, whenever I change my background, if I logoff and log back on
again, the background I selected first displays momentarily, but then it
changes by itself to something I used to use a while ago. I have:

1) Removed the undesired background from the list of available ones.
After logging off and on, not only does it return to my screen - it's
back in the list!!!

2) Deleted the original file of the offending background

3) Applied all of the patches

4) Turned off Desktop Effects / Turned on Desktop Effects

5) Removed (as root) everything in /tmp and rebooted

All of these have had NO EFFECT.

There are other user accounts on this system (for my wife and kids) and
they don't have this problem, so I'm assuming something is wrong with my
profile somehow.

My next thing to do will be to backup all of my data in my home
directory, and then delete and re-create my account. I was hoping not to
have to do that, but instead understand what could be wrong first.

Anyone else seen something like this? My system seems to prefer Ryan
Bliss' "Axonal" over everything else, and his newest, called "The
Fisherman" is actually very cool. I'd prefer to have it stick around
until I say to use something new.

Ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Chris