SOLVED Re: computer-center-extra is no longer with us in F14

>>> Correct. That's what the RPM "Obsoletes" tag shows as I've demonstrated.
>>> In F14, package control-center obsoletes package control-center-extra.
>>> In other words, it replaces the control-center-extra package.
>>> The RPM semantics are clear. One package replaces another if it provides
>>> exactly the same stuff or similar stuff that is supposed to replace the
>>> previous functionality.
>>>
>> Which iis consistant to the suubjwect headewr:
>>
>> computer-center-extra is no longer with us in F14
>
> The package is called control-center not computer-center. You get that
> wrong all the time - also in the subject line.
>
> Further, it does not matter that the -extras subpackage is no longer
> available, since it has been merged back into its base package. It's just
> F12 and F13 where it has been split off as a subpackage -- built from the
> same control-center src.rpm. It has not been a separate package with
> a separate src.rpm, just a subpackage.
>
>>> So, what are _you_ trying to point out?
>> Well I mentioned it above but you missed it. computer-enter rpm does not
>> correctly implement all the functionality of: computer-control-extra.
>
> I didn't miss it. I'm fully aware of it. It just doesn't fit into a
> thread with this subject line. Once more: The control-center-extra
> package in F12 and F13 was built from the control-center src.rpm, then
> killed temporarily during F14 development, and revived later for F14.
>
> That the current gnome-window-properties tool gives an error dialog
> when running compiz may be unrelated and due to a bug.
>
>> It will not allow you to foucus windows with mouse movements when you
>> use compiz under gnome. Evidently that works in KDE. I have been asking
>> about that problem for more than a week now.
>
> You create a separate mail thread for "computer-center-extra is no longer
> with us in F14" without pointing out why that would be relevant.
>
>> There is no gconftool
>> installable on my F14 installation. YMMV
>
> Sure it is:
>
> $ rpm -qf $(which gconftool-2)
> GConf2-2.31.91-1.fc14.i686

OK, this is "solved" inasmuch as I now have "focus follows mouse."

I installed NVidia drivers because I needed them.  Dunno if you will.

yum install compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-extras \
 compiz-fusion-extras-gnome compiz-fusion-gnome \
 compiz-fusion-unsupported compiz-fusion-unsupported-gnome \
 compizconfig-backend-gconf ccsm

System/Preferences/Startup Applications
 - add compiz-manager

Logout, log back in or do alt+f2 to run compiz-manager

System/Preferences/CompizConfig Settings Manager
 - General Options
 - Focus and Raise Behavior tab
 - Uncheck click to focus and raise on click

Done!  Focus now follows mouse!

Hope this is helpful.

Thomas