Re: computer-center-extra is no longer with us in F14

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 09:12 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> In any case you can't run System->Preferences->Windows on your machine
> if you have chosen to use compiz. So that the option to choose a window
> when you move the mouse over it, is not directly available when using
> compiz and that was really my point.

The facility System->Preferences->Windows that used to be provided in
control-center-extras is now provided in control-center.  If you run it
with Desktop Effects enabled, it produces an error.

The option to choose a window when you move the mouse over it *is*
available when using Compiz--I'm doing it right now.  The ability to set
that option via System->Preferences->Windows when using Compiz is not
available, but it can be set by (1) turning off Desktop Effects; (2)
setting the option in System->Preferences->Windows; and (3) turning on
Desktop Effects.  One can also install additional Compiz features and
get control of them directly via Compiz rather than via Gnome
integration.

Nevertheless, it seems like a bug that that can't be changed with
Desktop Effects on.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences