FC12 to FC14 : stat failed for the webserver over cifs

Hello

on a linux box in FC12 or FC14, I set up a web server
I have two virtual host, the first is a filesystem mounted over nfs
(port 1980)
and the second is a filesystem mounted over cifs (port 1982)

I noticed the filesize php  function  and the stat php function don't
work on the file of the web server which is mounted over cifs

my php code is quite simple :

<?php
$thefile="./filesize.php" ;
$arrayst= stat( $thefile) ;
print_r( $arrayst ) ;
echo "<p> Size: ".filesize( $thefile)."</p>" ;
?>

when I do host:1982 to access this file, I get:
Warning: stat(): stat failed for ./filesize.php in /dir/filesize.php on
line 3
and it works for host:1980 (the php file is copied twice)

Getting the error for stat, I tried to use the stat shell command and it
works for the two files, nfs or cifs

Do you know how I could solve this error ? it worked on FC9.

FC9 :
httpd-2.2.9-1.fc9.i386
php-5.2.6-2.fc9.i386
samba-client-3.2.0-1.pre3.9.fc9.i386