Re: Outgoing email filters for claws-mail

On 1/1/2011 11:05 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone point me to how to setup outgoing email filters with claws.
> I am using Claws with Gmail over IMAP and would like to put a copy of
> the sent email in the folder I am replying from. Without this my
> replies don't appear in the thread.
>
> Thanks for any help on this.

First. I do not know how to deal with Claws-Mail.

Not exactly the answer to your question but...   :-)

What I do with Gmail is to use two accounts. I register with a list,
Fedora-Users here for example, with one address and set it to *not* send
mail traffic. I use that account to post to the list or to reply to
posts on the list. That is what I am doing here. This 'message' won't
get sent back by Gmail. It is their policy. Which I disagree with but
they do not appear to want to change.

I also register with the same list and use a second, different, email
address with the preferences set to sent list traffic but I do not use
that address to post. That way my second address 'sees' the post that I
made from the first address and places it in the thread. Gmail does
*not* stop the list traffic for the second address because the second
address did not send it.

You are using Gmail so send yourself an invitation for an email account
or just go to Gmail and open a new one if you wish.

Make the new account.

Register that account with the list.

Set one to not send traffic and one to send traffic (Else you will get
traffic twice) then have Claws-Mail poll both accounts.

Not hard to do but it will consume some of your time.

Best of luck
--

  David