Re: Fedora 14 desktop fails install at the very end of the process stating something like, "Can't mount /dev/mapper/hard-drive....."

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 22:22 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bruce B writes:
>
> > I was told to do this but I am not sure where to type "linux nodmraid"
> > because I have clicking the Install button from the desktop and there is
> > no option to type "linux nodmraid"
> >

> > "Start your installation by hitting the tab key, then the space key
> > once, then type and enter, linux nodmraid"
>
> The very first prompt you get after booting the installation image is to
> press enter to begin the installer, "linux text" to begin a text-mode
> install, some other option for rescue mode, etc…
>
> That's where you enter "linux nodmraid".

Your instructions are not accurate. When you boot the insatllation DVD
you get a menu of options. None of which allows you to type linux
nodmraid or linux text, etc. You must hit , I guess it is tab, before
you get to a place where these commands can be typed. It infuriates me
that this is not explained anywhere in the Installation manual.