Re: Kororaa is back, as Fedora Remix (KDE)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:59:27 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> Some of you might remember Kororaa from back in the day. Well after
> switching to Fedora a year and a half or so ago (and loving it), I've
> re-created Kororaa as a KDE Fedora Remix (inspired by Omega, so thanks
> Rahul). I've just released an installable beta version of the x86_64
> Live DVD (1.5GB) via bittorrent (http://kororaa.org/download/).

	There was a post in praise of it recently, I think on Novalug, as
a vehicle for current highest-tech eye candy, or so I understood it.
(That's not my focus -- of which more below.) I couldn't get Opera 11 to
download it (apart from some 1.4 KB fragment), but Firefox seems to have
done the job. I burned it to disk, but am having trouble getting the
machine I want to look at it on to boot from my external USB DVD drive,
even though it sees it ....

> If you're looking for something Linux to do over the holidays, I would
> love to hear some feedback (good and bad!) about it. I'm keen to see how
> I can improve it,

	I'm not, nor could I code my way out of a paper bag; but your
"about" page sounds like something I'm looking for. So I'll at least send
you some subtechnoid feedback -- once I get it to boot.

> and to know whether this is the sort of KDE system
> people are interested in (see the website for more details
> http://kororaa.org/about). If it's something you're interested in
> contributing to, this is a great opportunity ;-)

	You'll find an active thread on Gmane's CentOS general list,
starting Dec 17, called "Moving from Fedora"; I'm looking for a Linux
distro for my wife (who won't want to keep up with Fedora proper once I'm
gone) to get thoroughly used to while I'm still on deck.

	Any hope of a Gnome version?? I'm trying to get her the flattest
learning curve out there, and KDE is anything but, for those as hardened
in Gnome as we are. (I use Konqueror and K3b, both seldom, and nothing
else I can think of.)