upg fedora13->14 via preupgrade went terribly wrong

Well, I've really buggered things up... I ran preupgrade on my Fedora 13 system with the goal of upgrading to Fedora 14. Fairly early on in the process I was warned my /boot partition was low on space but it was OK if I had a wired connection... OK... continue.

On reboot, a dialog popped up about "inconsistent lvm information" and I could either ignore it, or reinitialize the volume.

I chose the later thinking it would be a "repair" operation... next thing I know it complains there is no root system to upgrade...

I tried coming up in rescue mode, but that did not find anything to mount under /mnt/sysimage.

So... my big question is: what are my options to recover the disk? There was only one logical volume that covered the whole partition. Is there a way I can just create the lvm again? All the data should be there.

Help! And Merry Christmas.

Cheers