Re: F14: Totem and avi files

I think, the chain - and the procedure only examines these key
decoders. If they are installed, then it means for the procedure an
end, because of that could mean that you don't need more. That's why
basically leaved so. If you do it manually, then it's your decision
(and you know your needs), but Fedora leaves the decision in your
hand. All together is the same for fonts, themes, and more.
Fedora is an very flexible system, but no solution is forced towards
to the user. You get the basics by the system, but you have to know
what could fill your needs. It's like an tool cabinet - you have
everything to be creative.... But this is an another story.

Zoltan

2010/12/20 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/12/20 Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> The problem I think that you have manually installed these key
>> decoders. Therefore, the chain is not complete. I basically do
>> nothing, just try to open many video files at first, and the rest is
>> done by the installer.
>>

> I removed all plugins included xvidcore...and now it work as I
> followed your advice.
>
> Tnx (but anyway it is a strange procedure, I do not understand why
> manual installation is not workin...)
>

> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : amontag52